The Kennett Police Department would like to inform the citizens of Kennett about the use of golf carts, riding mowers and other motorized vehicles on City streets.

To operate any motor vehicle (Gas or Electric) on a City or State roadway, the operator must have a valid license. The motor vehicle must be licensed and registered with the Department of Revenue. Golf carts fall under the definition of a motor vehicle. A motor scooter that is under 50cc is classified as a motorized Bicycle.

City ordinance Section 385.050 states as follows:

No person shall operate or park any motor vehicle or trailer upon any street or highway of this City unless such motor vehicle or trailer has properly displayed a valid license plate or plates or temporary permit issued to a lawful owner of the vehicle by the Department of Revenue. Violation of this ordinance may result in the vehicle being towed and or fines.